Sunday, June 15, 2014

Where Have I Been?

Where Have I Been?

It's been a long time since I posted, and despite many blog entries swirling in my mind, I've failed to record them here.  In the last two years, I've been busy expanding my practice, changing office locations to Folsom, and attending intensive trainings in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT).  Developing new skills, even (and maybe especially!) after practicing couples therapy for 30 years, is both destabilitizing and exciting.  When I learn something new and different and really work to integrate it into my clinical practice, I get a glimpse into what it is like for my couples in therapy who are also struggling to learn something new and different in how they relate and connect to their partners. As much as we might want things to be better, it is a risk to stretch into something that feels really foreign. It's easy to fall back into the old and comfortable patterns that we're used to, and yet it is exhilarating to try something new and different and experience a positive shift in how you feel and how you function. The model is based on the work of Sue Johnson.  Listen to the clip below and you'll get a good sense of how the therapy model works:




Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment